Easy to make biryani for 2 persons. To be served with Onion Salan or Raitha.
• Basmati rice: Soak a cup of basmati rice for 30 min. In a vessel, boil the water and then add basmati rice and cook. When it is cooked for almost 90%, drain the water and keep it aside.
• 250g Diced Potato fried in oil
• ½ cup chopped Spinach (palak)
• ½ bunch Mint & coriander chopped
• Diced Tomatoes (2 medium sized)
• ¼ cup Fried onions
• 2-3 Bay leaves
• 2-3 Cinnamon sticks
• 2-3 Cloves
• 2-3 Cardamom
• ½ teaspoon Shahi jeera (Black cumin)
• 1 teaspoon Green chilly paste
• 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
• ½ cup Beaten Yogurt
• ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
• 1 tablespoon Ghee (Clarified Butter)
• Salt to taste
First, cook masala for the biryani. To prepare the masala, heat oil in a wok pan. Then add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom, shahi jeera, green chilly paste and ginger garlic paste. Later, add chopped mint, coriander leaves and spinach to it. Once cooked, add diced tomatoes followed by beaten yogurt, turmeric and salt. Cook these ingredients in a slow flame. Finally, add deep fried potato pieces and cook for some more time. Take out half of the potato masala in another bowl while spreading remaining masala in a pot. To this potato masala, add cooked rice layer to the top, then add potato layer, followed by fried onions. Repeat these layers and add ghee in the final layer. Close the pot with a lid but cook this on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
Now Biryani is ready to be served with Onion salan or Raitha.